The Kalam Library Project (KLP) is one of the unfulfilled dreams of Dr. Kalam, which is based on his philosophy that every youth of the nation should have access to library as a matter of right for every child.
The Kalam Library Project is being run under the leadership of some of the close associates of Dr. Kalam, which includes his co-authors, staff members and former advisors. The mission is an optimistic flight to empower the young Kalams of India with the power of Knowledge. The mentors of the projects are some well-known people from various backgrounds of the industry and society.
The soul objective of Kalam Library Project is to enlighten the young minds. We, at Kalam Library, believe in the power of books. Books can build a nation. We want to spark children’s potential through storytelling, reading, and other art forms.
There are three levels of Libraries based on the three missile programs of Dr.Kalam, namely
– Trishul (named after small range missile invented by Dr. Kalam in 1980s)
– Prithvi (named after medium range missile invented by Dr. Kalam)
– Agni (named after long range missile invented by Dr. Kalam).
These three stages will be as per the number of books and will be upgraded on the basis of utility. Some of these libraries will also be digitalised and will serve as centre of excellence for the rural mass.
To provide opportunities to create a nation of lifelong learners.
- To ensure that every child has access to education
- To involve the whole community to work towards education for children
- To create awareness about social causes amongst children who become brand ambassadors of promoting the message within their communities
- To bring a better change for the future generations by enabling the present generation